The question of how to get rid of corns on the legs, usually excites girls. After all, it is girls who constantly change shoes and at the same time often buy uncomfortable, but very beautiful shoes. Too high a heel, an uncomfortable shoe, rough material, hard narrow straps cause painful blisters or thick dry growths.
Men do not run on stilettos, but nevertheless, they also have corns. They are caused by the deformation of boots or insoles, prolonged walking, wearing uncomfortable socks, and the use of shoes not in size.
Corn is always a terribly unpleasant thing. Therefore, we will tell you what types of corns are found and how to get rid of them at home.
Corn is a kind of protective reaction of the skin to local mechanical effects.
By their nature, corns on their legs are divided into 6 types:
- Wet (other names - soft, water). The most common type of corns and, by the way, the most painful. The pain is so severe that it is difficult to walk even in the softest and easiest shoes. Externally, water callus resembles a blister with a clear liquid inside. Occurs at the place of rubbing with shoes or between the toes. It is treated quickly: in just a week, the sore spot heals completely.
- Dry. They are keratinized skin areas. They are formed for a long time due to constant pressure on the local area of the leg. May not bother a person for years. Sometimes formed from soft calluses.
- Corns. They are also called neurofibrotic calluses. They are a variety of dry corns, they are distinguished by a larger area, localized on the soles of the feet - in those places where the foot touches the shoe or floor. They concentrate on the big toe, as well as on the “cushion” of the forefoot. Often appear on the pads of the remaining fingers. They can penetrate deep into the skin, to the nerve endings. In this case, they become very painful.
- Rod. They are often confused with warts, because the core of such corns goes deep into the tissues, like the leg of a wart. Corn kernels are unpleasant in that it is almost impossible to get rid of them at home. The core remains, due to which there are severe stitching pains, cracks develop.
- Vascular These corns penetrate the epidermis and are characterized by the appearance of blood vessels. Usually found at the ends of the fingers.
- Blood. They belong to wet calluses, only here capillaries fall into the lesion area. If they are damaged, blood appears inside the blister. Such formations are fraught with sepsis.
How can I get rid of water calluses on my feet?
Of course, the best option is to prevent the formation of corns, but what if they already appeared? Consider how to get rid of water corns: this can be done at home. We recommend sticking to the following algorithm:
- Eliminate the possibility of further rubbing the skin. Remove uncomfortable shoes.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, prepare a sharp needle.
- Treat the affected area with an antiseptic.
- Pierce the bubble. Important: pierce the corn not in the center, but from the edge.
- Gently squeeze the liquid out of the corns.
- Treat the wound with an antiseptic again.
- Cover the corn with a bactericidal patch.
How to get rid of dry corns on your legs
You may be surprised, but getting rid of dry corns and corns on your feet is not always necessary. Often these coarsened areas save our feet and fingers from more serious injuries. Due to the keratinized coating, we do not feel pain during rubbing, and our skin in the most stressed places does not peel and does not become inflamed.
However, if the dry corn has become too hard, rough or causes cracking on the foot, then urgently you need to decide how to get rid of it (in whole or in part). If a man is capable of not noticing dry callus before serious problems appear, then girls are unlikely to put up with any defects on their legs. As a rule, they try to erase the stratum corneum with a pumice or nail file. But there are more effective ways to help get rid of corns on the legs. Below we will talk about them.
So that you do not have to think about how to get rid of corns on your legs, try to prevent their appearance. What is needed for this? Here are some tips to help you keep your feet beautiful and healthy:
- Buy comfortable shoes by size. If during use it turns out that the shoes are squeezing or rubbing your feet, it is better to abandon it.
- Pick up comfortable socks. A big request to men: do not wear leaky or darned socks. An inaccurate seam can lead to heavy rubbing.
- Wear your shoes seasonally to prevent your feet from sweating.
- Choose socks made from natural materials.
- Get seamless socks or put them inside out if you have a strong predisposition to calluses.
- Do not abuse heels (for girls).
- Carry a patch with you. You may need it at work, on a hike, on a long walk, in training, etc.
- Use orthoses if you have finger deformity. These devices do not allow fingers to rub against each other.
Causes of Dry Callus
They are formed for a long time due to constant increased pressure on a specific area of the skin or friction. It can occur on any part of the plantar surface of the foot, which is subjected to mechanical stress: on the fingers, metatarsus, heel (see causes of heel pain). Very rarely, corns appear on the arch of the foot.
|Internal reasons:||External reasons:|
Varieties of Dry Corn
The corn on the leg can be: soft, hard and pivotal.
Solid is a dense closed growth that does not cause discomfort when walking. Mild pain can be felt only with pressure on the corn. It is often localized on the plantar and lateral surfaces of the feet, heels.
Soft is a seal on the skin with an open surface (similar to a wound) or in the form of a bubble with fluid inside. When you click on it, pain is felt. It is characteristic of interdigital spaces.
Corn with a core has a root, which in the form of a cone goes deep into the skin. In its center there is a central translucent zone of increased density or a core of dry corn. Causes discomfort and pain when walking. Most often it forms on the toe: the lateral surface of 2–5 toes and the dorsal surface of the interphalangeal joints.
Vascular and fibrous are more rare species. With vascular corns in the core there are blood vessels, fibrous - is a very dense hyperkeratosis, which looks like a honeycomb.
- Appearance - they have a yellowish-white or gray color, a rough (more often) or smooth (less often) surface. The shape of the corn is oval or round. They can be convex and flat.
- The surrounding tissue is often swollen and inflamed.
- Pain - most often occurs with targeted pressure on it, but it can also be when walking.
- Decreased sensitivity - with a light touch on the affected skin, sensitivity is reduced.
You can diagnose dry callus on your own, based on characteristic external signs, but it is better to visit a dermatologist who will make the correct diagnosis (differentiates with plantar warts, articular pads, keratoderma, psoriatic corns) and tell you how to treat this formation.
There is an opinion that if the corn does not cause pain, it is not necessary to treat it. However, this is not true: the aesthetic appearance of such feet is far from perfect, and the absence of pain and discomfort is not a guarantee that these symptoms will not appear in a month or two. All therapeutic methods are aimed at removing the dead layer of cells.
Salicylic acid creams and ointments
Action: The regular use of such funds leads to a gradual burning out of the growth from its bed.
Salicylic ointment is applied to the corn after the bath, on dry skin, a protective patch is glued on top. So that the drug does not affect the surrounding tissues, a patch is glued onto the skin with a hole cut out in it to the size of the corns. The procedure is repeated once or twice a day, the maximum duration of treatment is 28 days. You can use salicylic acid in solution, wetting a piece of cotton wool with it and applying it to the growth site.
The patch from corns is glued and removed already with dead skin tissue after some time.
|Salicylic ointment 3%, 5% or salicylic acid (solution) 20-30 rubles.||Bottega Verde Cream, 350-450 rub||"Centennial" cream for heels from corns and corns, manufacturer LLC "KorolevPharm", price 80 rub.||Nemozol 70 rub.|
|Cream Namozol 911, price 110 rub.||Kollomak, 300-370 rubles (pharmacy)||5 days pasta, price 60 rubles. (pharmacy)||Salipod patch 50-100 rubles (pharmacy)|
Creams and ointments based on lactic acid
Action: They soften the horn tissue, less aggressive in action than salicylic.
Apply a thick layer on the corn (after the bath, on dry feet), cover with wax paper on top and put on woolen socks. After 2 hours, the softened skin is carefully scraped off with a special nail file, and the remaining cream is washed off with warm water. The procedure is repeated after 1-2 days.
|Super Antimozol, price 100 rub.||The effect of JSC "Freedom" (in Auchan) is effective against corns, 50 rubles.||Lactic acid solution||Green pharmacy (lactic and salicylic acid, plantain extract, etc.) 170 rubles.|
Action: Celandine cleanses the skin from formations, decomposing horn cells.
Use: The drug is applied after the steaming bath with a plastic stick strictly on the area of corns twice a day for 2-10 days in a row. The duration of cauterization is 10-12 minutes. Read more about the benefits and contraindications of celandine.
|Balm "Mountain Celandine", 50-100 rubles.||Corn Ka, 70 rub.||Celandine juice||Stop corn with celandine, 80 rubles.|
Removal of old dry callus, when other independent measures do not lead to an effect, is carried out in a cosmetology or surgical room:
- Liquid nitrogen or cryodestruction - A skin area treated with an applicator or a special device with liquid nitrogen, i.e. the corn itself is frozen for 20-30 seconds, if necessary, the procedure is repeated several times. After the procedure, the growth grows white and disappears after a few days. During the recovery period, it is very important to treat the skin with an antiseptic and protect the delicate skin under the former callus with plaster from friction so that a new skin defect does not form.
- Laser - Exposure to a laser beam leads to heating and layer-by-layer evaporation of keratinized cells from the focus. The recovery period with laser removal of corns is shorter than after cryodestruction, however, the same restrictive measures as described above are necessary after the procedure.
In no case can you cut, cut or husk corn yourself. This is a direct path to infection of the soft tissues of the foot and getting into the surgical department.
They can be both the main treatment and preparation before applying the drug. The general principle of the use of baths:
- water should be hot but not scorching
- adoption time - 15 minutes
- after the bath, the corn is carefully treated with a special nail file or pumice.
You can use the following compounds:
- Decoction of pine and spruce buds - perfectly softens and disinfects the skin. 1 tsp boil in 1 liter of water kidneys for 2-3 minutes.
- Soap-soda solution - disinfects and softens horn seals. For 1 liter of water, take 1 tbsp. spoon of soda and liquid soap.
- A solution of potassium permanganate - prepare a saturated pink solution.
- Saline solution - 1 tablespoon is added per 1 liter of water. sea salt.
The husk is poured with 9% vinegar and placed in a jar with a lid for 2 weeks. The place is smeared with petroleum jelly and placed onion husk on it, a bandage bandage is applied over it and left for the night. In the morning, the leg is steamed in water and part of the corn should already fall away. Repeat the procedure after 2 days until the growth is completely removed.
Propolis alcohol solution
It helps with corns on the little finger. A piece of propolis is dissolved in a small volume of alcohol and a third of the volume of salicylic acid is added, stirred until homogeneous. Impose daily and cover with a bandage. For 5-7 procedures, the growth will completely soften and fall off.
1 egg is poured with vinegar and left for 8 days until completely dissolved. The resulting composition is treated as follows: a tissue towel is soaked in a liquid and applied to the corns, coated with cellophane and wrapped. Apply as the parts of the growth fall off.
Aloe juice is lubricated every day at night until the horn formation is completely removed.
Dried prunes are boiled in milk and hot applied to the place, kept until cool, removed and applied the next hot prune. The procedure lasts 30 minutes, repeated daily.
A clove of garlic is crushed into gruel, add 1 tsp. vinegar essence and flour until the cake is obtained. In a piece of patch, a hole is cut to the size of the corns, glued to the leg and a cake is placed in the hole. Cover with a bandage on top and seal with a plaster. Removed after 2-3 days, the growth will be removed along with the bandage. If necessary, repeat after a few days, but 1 procedure is usually enough.
How to prevent corn on the foot
If you are prone to the formation of corns, you should carefully monitor the hygiene of the legs, toe and shoes, protect the area of the former corns from injury and maceration, so that the formation does not form again.
Shoes should be proportionate, high-quality and not compress legs. You can not always wear high-heeled shoes. If there are orthopedic problems, orthopedic shoes or special orthopedic insoles should be worn.
To protect the skin from abrasion, special pads are available on sale that are inserted between the foot and toe or shoes. There are various variations - under the fingers, between the thumb and the rest of the fingers, under the heel, etc.
Performing a pedicure, you should carefully examine the plantar of the foot for corns - finding them at the very beginning of the formation allows you to quickly solve this aesthetic and medical problem!