Cod is a healthy fish, its meat is lean and tender in taste. Salads, appetizers are prepared from such fish, they are fried, baked, stewed, and also smoked, dried and dried. True, cod has not only a pronounced taste, but also a smell, so it is important to know not only how to cook cod fillets, recipes, but also some secrets that will allow you to enjoy a delicious and fragrant dish.
- We cut cod fillet in portions, sprinkle with pepper and other spices for fish dishes.
- Shred onions and carrots, pass the vegetables in oil until golden.
- Potato tubers cut into slices.
- Put potatoes on a baking sheet, spread the fish fillet on top, then fry the vegetables, pour with mayonnaise. Instead of mayonnaise, you can use mustard sauce. To do this, whip the cream, mustard and grated cheese in a blender.
- Bake for half an hour (temperature 190 ° C).
- Sprinkle the finished dish with chopped herbs and serve.
Quick recipe in the pan
Cod fillets can be fried in both large and small amounts of fat. But first it is better to marinate the meat, so that the dish turns out to be especially tasty.
There are many ways to cook fish, boil it in water or steamed, stew, fry, bake in the oven, etc. What to cook from cod fillet so that the dish is dietary. If you fry it in a breading in oil, the calorie calculator will show a prohibitive number. The result will be completely different if the meat is cooked in its own juice in the oven, or stewed for a couple. It will be a wonderful low-calorie dish with great taste.
Do not overlook the preparation of cod fillets with a slow cooker. When using this method, all vitamins and trace elements inherent in this product are preserved.
Useful are dishes prepared in the classical way when cooking fish in water. Taste, aroma and nutrients are emphasized by broth many times stronger.
How to choose the right cod
All recipes from cod fillet require one thing - freshness. This product can be bought in specialized departments of supermarkets and ordinary convenience stores. Chilled fish is sold on special ice trays: whole carcasses or sliced steaks.
Gills in fresh red fish. Without mucus and inclusions on the surface of the plates. The eyes are transparent. The surface of the scales is smooth, slightly moistened. There should be no cuts or tears in the skin, pathogenic bacteria can accumulate in such places and accelerate spoilage processes. The smell should resemble the aroma of the sea, like any representative of marine fauna.
Cod is also sold frozen. In this state it is already more difficult to determine not only the quality, freshness, but also in general the belonging to the fish of the species we need. In pursuit of profit, an dishonest seller can sell not only spoiled meat, but also substitute expensive varieties of fish with cheaper ones.
Before going shopping, it is advisable to find out the morphological differences of such species. Usually a small number of them. This is pollock, a representative of the carp family, and hake. The resemblance is striking, but there are small and obvious differences.
Cod can reach two meters in length. The lower jaw is shorter than the upper and has a specific tactile process. On it you can immediately distinguish it from other species. The scales are very small and have denticles outside. It is easy to clean even without tools. On the body itself there is a spotted well-defined pattern. At the top there are three longitudinal fins separated from each other, and only two at the bottom.
If at least one circumstance does not fit the necessary criteria, then it is better not to take this fish.
Baked cod with greens
One of the simplest, but at the same time tasty and healthy recipes for making cod fillet. The fish is tender, juicy and aromatic.
- fresh fillet - 650 g,
- garlic - 2 cloves,
- olive oil - 25 ml,
- freshly squeezed lemon juice - 25 ml,
- curly parsley - 1 bunch,
- dill - 1 bunch,
- table salt - to your taste.
- Rinse cod fillet with water and dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 200 0 C.
- Place the fillet on a ceramic coated baking sheet.
- Squeeze the garlic through a press into olive oil preheated in a pan.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Then add chopped herbs and lemon juice.
- Stir, bring to a boil.
- Pour fish over the resulting sauce.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place the dish in the oven.
- Wait 15 minutes until ready.
As a side dish, you can add boiled broccoli, Brussels sprouts, zucchini and zucchini to the fish.
Baked cod fillet under vegetables
This dish does not even require a side dish, it in itself is a complete and, at the same time, dietary and healthy meal.
- fillet - 550 g,
- fresh leek - 1 lower part,
- fresh carrots - 1 pc. medium size,
- olive oil - 25 ml,
- seasoning mixture for fish - 7 g,
- dill herbs - 1 bunch,
- fresh lemon juice - 50 ml,
- fat-free yogurt - 50 ml,
- tomato puree - 50 ml,
- broccoli - 150 g
- leaves of Beijing cabbage - 6 pieces.
- Prepare the fish.
- Preheat the oven to 180 0 C.
- For marinade, mix spices with lemon juice.
- Grate the fillet with salt.
- Then place it in a dish with a lid.
- Pour the marinade and leave for 25 minutes.
- Cut carrots into strips.
- Separate broccoli inflorescences and cut into plates.
- Cut the lower bright part of the leek into rings.
- Peel fresh tomatoes and mash in a blender.
- Mix tomatoes with yogurt.
- Put the marinated cod fillet in a greased dish.
- At the edges lay a layer of carrots.
- Top with broccoli and leek.
- Pour tomato mixture and place in oven for 35 minutes.
- Put the finished dish on the leaves of Beijing cabbage and sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs.
Cod fillet with vegetables
- cod fish - 450 g,
- salt tastes good
- lemon juice - 50 ml,
- fresh garlic - 2 cloves,
- fresh lemon balm - a few leaves,
- parsley grass - 40 g,
- dill - 30 g
- onion-batun - 50 g,
- fresh champignon mushrooms - 200 g,
- broccoli - 200 g
- cauliflower - 100 g,
- Beijing cabbage - 6 leaves.
- Rinse the fillet.
- For marinade, mix lemon juice with mint leaves and chopped garlic.
- Rub salt into the cod meat and pour over the marinade.
- Pickle for 20 minutes.
- Take two containers of a double boiler. Put chopped vegetables and mushrooms in the lower bowl, and fillet in the upper bowl.
- Turn on the double boiler in the “fish” cooking mode for 30 minutes.
- Juice from the fish will fall on the vegetables, soaking them.
- Serve the finished dish on the leaves of Beijing cabbage, sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs.
Steam cod cutlets
Another healthy diet recipe that comes in handy in every home.
- cod fillet - 750 g,
- semolina - 130 g,
- onion turnip - 1 medium head,
- egg - 1 piece,
- flour - 150 g
- table salt - half a teaspoon,
- ground black pepper - 2 g.
- Clean and prepare the fish.
- Pass through a meat grinder with onions, using a grid with large cells.
- In the minced meat, mix the egg, salt and pepper.
- Mix semolina in small portions until a thick consistency is obtained.
- Form small cutlets and roll them in flour.
- Put in a container double boiler.
- Turn on the double boiler in the “fish” cooking mode for 40 minutes.
- Serve as a separate dish or with boiled slices of vegetables.
Braised Cod with Vegetables
- cod fillet - 430 g,
- olive oil for frying - 50 ml,
- ripe medium-sized tomato,
- salt to taste
- fresh garlic - 2 cloves,
- a mixture of peppers - 3.5 g,
- fresh parsley - 50 g,
- fresh dill - 1 bunch,
- young carrots - 10 pieces,
- green onion - 40 g.
- Wash and dry the fish.
- Cut the fillet into portions.
- Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Sauté chopped onions, garlic and grated carrots in olive oil.
- Cut the tomato into small slices and add to the capacity of the multicooker.
- Bring to a boil and after 5 minutes put the fish on top of the vegetables.
- Pour chopped greens.
- In the "Stew" mode, cook the dish for half an hour.
Cod filet in white wine
Appetizing and spicy dish for real gourmets.
- cod fillet - 500 g,
- dry white wine - 300 ml,
- shallots - 3 pieces,
- grated carrots - 250 g,
- lemon - half
- frying oil - 50 ml,
- mint - 5 leaves,
- dill - 60 g
- parsley - 80 g.
We cook according to the scheme:
- Prepare cod and cut into portions.
- Pass the carrots and onions in hot oil.
- Put raw fish in the multicooker bowl and add slices of lemon and mint to it.
- Pour the wine.
- Set the "Extinguishing" mode to 45 minutes.
- Serve the finished dish with chopped herbs.
Boiled cod fillet with herbs
- fresh cod fillet - 850 g,
- fish broth - 1.5 l,
- pink sea salt - ½ teaspoon,
- garlic - 10 g
- parsley - 35 g
- dill seeds - 3 g,
- green onion feathers - 1 bunch,
- lemon - 1 piece.
- Wash whole cod fillet in running water.
- Bring the broth with dill to a boil.
- Divide the fish into 2 pieces.
- Place the cod meat in a pot with broth and cook for 15 minutes.
- After cooking, put the fillet in a dish.
- Crush the garlic or grate, then put on the cod.
- Cut fresh herbs and pour on the finished dish.
- Spread thinly sliced lemon slices around the edges.
It is worth mentioning that all diet recipes for preparing cod fillets are suitable for the “Attack” phase of the Ducane diet. It remains to wish you bon appetit!
You can find a recipe for a delicious and healthy cod dish in this video.
In a pan, cod can be fried in different ways, but thanks to the batter, you can serve juicy fish with a delicious crispy crust on the table.
- 725 g cod fillet,
- a couple of lemon slices
- 255 g flour
- two raw eggs
- 185 ml of water
- spices to taste.
- Rinse the fish with water, dry with a paper towel, cut into pieces and put in a bowl.
- Sprinkle fish with spices, pour citrus juice and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Break eggs into a bowl, pour in water, pour a little salt and beat the ingredients with a whisk.
- In the resulting mass we introduce flour and stir until smooth.
- In the prepared batter, dip the pieces of fish and put in a pan with hot oil, overcook until golden.
How to cook in a slow cooker
In a slow cooker, you can cook cod fillets in different ways. It can simply be fried or stewed on a vegetable pillow.
Cod fillet roll
Despite the fact that the cod fillet roll does not look so attractive when served, it tastes very gently and appetizing, especially if you pour it with a special sauce.