- In a 2 liter plastic bottle, water and 2 caps of bleach are poured (so that the water does not turn green).
- The bottle closes with a black cap. (You can, of course, and another. But with black its effectiveness will be higher).
- In the roof of the roof, a drill is drilled or a hole is knocked out, and a plastic bottle of water is inserted from the bottom up.
- In order to prevent roof leaks, the gaps between the roof and the bottle are sealed with polyester resin or a special silicone sealant.
Necessary materials and tools:
- drill and glass drill, or
- diamond disc for the grinder (if you plan to cut the bottom of the bottle),
- any adhesive that can cover the sharp edges of the drilled hole so that they do not cut the wire,
- a garland or a lamp with a cartridge (depending on your goals),
- if desired - various decorations such as lampshade, etc.
How to make a lamp from a bottle with your own hands: step by step instructions
First cool the bottle: this will facilitate the drilling process.
In order to drill or cut glass, you need to be careful and careful. If suddenly one of your friends is working with glass, you can contact this person, otherwise do not be lazy to buy a drill for glass: you will avoid unpleasant surprises in the form of a cracked or burst surface of the bottle.
After cooling the bottle, outline the point at which you plan to make a hole. Be patient: it’s better to drill slowly, from time to time allowing the drill to cool. The same goes for a diamond disc grinder.
By drilling a hole, you have completed the most time-consuming phase of all the work. Now you need to remove the sharp edges of the hole so that they do not cut the lamp wire. To do this, you can use sandpaper, stripping sharp edges, or any sticky mass - for example, plasticine. For wide openings, a fitted rubber seal for the tap is also suitable.
The final step remained - either insert the lamp with the cap into the neck of the bottle, or fill the bottle with a garland, extending the wire through the drilled hole to the outlet. If you cut the bottom, you need to stretch the wire of the bulb through the neck of the bottle, leaving the bulb inside the bottle. In fact, the lamp from the bottle is ready. It remains only to decorate it: hang a lampshade, paint, etc.
And to make it easier for you to decide on the design of your future lamp, we have collected for you 27 photos of lamps from a bottle. Enjoy watching!